EAST YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
We are currently working on plaques for The Founding of East York and Thorncliffe Park Race Track. If you wish to assist please print out our donation form and make cheque payable to the East York Foundation and mail it to the address on the form. The East York Foundation will issue a tax receipt.
Plaques in East York
Cemetery plaque which was unveiled on Oct. 22,
1983 at O'Connor Drive near Pape Ave.
plaque which was unveiled on Dec. 17, 1983
at the site of William Lea's home
at Leaside Memorial Gardens near Millwood and Laird,
The memorial plaque on the Coach
House of Chester Park
in the Salvation Army's Broadview Village at 1132 Broadview Avenue
which was unveiled on June 11, 1986.
Built in a Day plaque, St. Andrews, Todmorden
which was unveiled on June 11, 1993 at the
northeast corner of Pape and Cosburn.
The Ontario Heritage Foundation replacement plaque
marking the landing of Canada's
First Air Mail
at Leaside Aerodrome on June 24, 1918 which was unveiled on June 24,
1995 at the intersection of Brentcliffe and Broadway.
Sauriol Conservation Reserve plaque at the Forks
of the Don was unveiled on September 6, 1989 by the MTRCA.
New memorial plaque at Dieppe
honouring the men who fought on the beaches at Dieppe in France, on
Aug. 19, 1942 during World War II which was unveiled on July 20, 2003
on Cosburn Ave. east of Greenwood.
The Billy McKay Jr plaque at East York Civic Centre. northwest corner of Coxwell Ave. and Mortimer Ave. on June 25, 2005.
The Massey's Dentonia
Park Farm plaque located at Dentonia Park, north
Danforth Ave. and east of Dawes Road which was unveiled on Sept. 16,
Mills plaque at the Todmorden Mills Heritage Site
at 67 Pottery Road.
The plaque honouring True Davidson, Mayor of East York during the 1960's and early 1970's is situated in True Davidson Park west of the S. Walter Stewart Library at Memorial Park Ave. west of Coxwell Ave. on Sept. 29, 2009
Erratic plaque in front of the Leaside Library on
The plaque honouring Agnes Macphail, the first female elected to the House of Commons in 1921 and one of the first female MPP's, representing York East, is situated at her former home at 2 Donegall Drive, unveiled on Sept. 30, 2012
View photos and information on Toronto's Historical Plaques.